If you are looking for another simple and affordable day out (a very nearly free day out – apart from the parking/fuel cost) I can personally recommend Dunstable downs (based on one of our family visit recently) it is somewhere different to go as a family, isn’t going to cost you the earth, if you are looking for an outdoor walk with children.
Dunstable downs sits at the highest point of Bedfordshire near whipsnade zoo, Is an extensive chalk grassland within the Chiltern’s area of outstanding natural beauty. Offering a wind – swept ridge which provides ideal conditions nearly all year round for kite flying or a variety of air sports. You can have a go at kite flying or just watch others have ago. take a walk along one of the footpaths which include circular walks, stand on top of the downs for a great view with a picnic or have a coffee from the café. The site is owned by the National trust, however you do not need to be a member as free for all to visit.
- Non NT members £3.50 FLAT RATE parking allows you to park all day. (free for NT members – just remember your cards).
- Kite flying is all year around – have a go or just watch (shop sells a great selection if you need one or forget one to take). I have yet to go when no one is flying a kite – There is always some to watch!
- The area is Dog friendly (even the café has a section for you to sit with your dog).
- The national trust provide a Good informative website if you need anymore questions answered.
- NT café and gift shop within the Chiltern’s gateway centre.
- Cycling routes are available if you fancy taking your bikes.
Address: whipsnade rd. Dunstable, Bedfordshire, LU6 2GY.
Enjoy emmas xxx
© 2019 by Emmas Creative Love. Powered by WordPress.com. All Rights Reserved.