This week’s project was made with a purpose – to be given as a gift. A pen pot is a simple and affordable gift to make. It’s fairly easy and pretty much free to make as you only need 4 basic cheap materials: a clean jam jar or something similar (We use two cardboard pots as well), tissue paper, a piece of ribbon and some Pva glue.
How to make a Pen pot holder.
Enjoyment: The boys were not so keen on this as they got in a sticky mess which led to frustration. Though They did look good when finished and they were proud to be making them for gifts.
Time: Approx 30 minutes plus drying time.
You will need:
- A clean jam jar or something similar i.e a clean empty baked bean tin, a small card Pringle’s tube.
- Pva Glue – water down to create a varnish / Paint brush.
- Tissue paper and a small piece of card.
- Stamper pens.
- Wash and dry out your chosen container.
- Tear or cut up your tissue paper into 1cm x 1cm squares (approx). These do not need to be perfect, it will still look good!
- Place some glue on some of your jar, stick on a piece of tissue paper then paint over with glue ( If you are familiar it is the same as the Decoupage technique)
- leave to dry.
- Once dry create a label out of card and use a stamper pens to write a label ‘pens’. cut and stick to jar.
- re-varnish jar and label with Pva if you wish to have an extra glossy finish – extra protection.
- Superglue a ribbon around the top of your jar.
- Keep or give as a gift.
Enjoy – emmas xxx