This project is a really simple, effective and affordable project to do. It is easy and you only need a few basic materials: Tracing Paper, baking paper, old tea towel, grater or peeler, an iron and some old wax broken crayons. It really was simple and they looked amazing the photos don’t do them justice.
How to make.
Enjoyment: We had Lots of fun with these, we are looking forward to doing more. I was very impressed with the colours and the final pictures.
Time: Approx 30 minutes.
You will need:
- Tracing paper.
- Baking paper.
- Some old wax crayons.
- Grater or potato peeler (the crayon does come of when scrubbed!).
- An old tea towel (this may get wax on it).
- An iron.
- Cover your work area with newspaper – this is a messy one.
- Cut your tracing paper to your chosen shape.
3. Grate your old wax crayons and sprinkle/ spread on your tracing paper.
4. Cover picture carefully with baking paper.
5.Cover with your tea towel.
6. Iron quickly – you do not need to spend too much effort or time on this or you will end up with one heavily mixed effect.
7. Peel back top to layers quickly before they stick and see what you have created.
enjoy emmas xxx