Grow giant minions.
This project is a really simple chemistry project to do which involves measuring. We used a few Hairbo minions as that was what we had available. However you could use any jelly type sweet – Jelly worms work well to.
Q: Is it easier for your body to absorb plain or salt water?
A: The minions in both the bowls will absorb water.
However the minions in the plain water will absorb more water and grow larger than the ones in the salt water.
The gelatine will keep the sweets from dissolving.
Most of the planet water is made up of salt, yet as humans we don’t drink it. Plain water is easier for our bodies to absorb that is why we don’t drink salt water.
How to make.
Enjoyment: We had Lots of fun with these. The boys were very impressed with the grown Minions and enjoyed challenging each other to eat them after.
Time: Approx 2 minutes prep, then 2-3 hours experiment time.
You will need:
- Some jelly sweets (approx 6).
- A ruler.
- A cup of plain water.
- A cup of salt water (water mixed with a few spoons of salt).
- With a ruler, measure your jelly sweets.
- Write your measurements on a piece of paper.
- In each cup place your chosen amount of jelly sweets (we did 3 in each). Making a note which cup is which.
- Leave them to sit in your cups and watch them grow over the next few hours.
- Take them out after 2-3 hours and measure them again.
- Are they bigger? How much?
Enjoy emmas xxx