Easy Christmas Shortbread.
(Makes about 14). Can be frozen for up to a month or will keep up to five days in an airtight container.
Time: 10 mins making, 30 minutes resting, 16 minutes cooking. 10 minutes cooling.
You will need:
- 125g soft butter/ margarine.
- 150g plain flour.
- a pinch of salt.
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon.
- 55g caster sugar, plus extra for sprinkling.
- Icing / decorations if you wish.
- Cookie cutter.
- Mix the butter with the flour, cinnamon and a pinch of salt. Until it looks like breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the sugar and bring the dough together into a ball.
- Wrap the dough in Clingfilm. Chill for at least 30 minutes to rest the dough.
- Preheat the oven to 180c, fan 160c, gas 4.
- Unwrap the dough and roll flat (to 1 cm approx).
- Use a cutter to create your desired shape.
- Arrange on a lined baking tray and bake for 16 minutes until pale gold and lightly crispy. If not icing, Sprinkle with a little extra sugar, cool for 5 minutes on the tray. Then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy eating or pop in the freezer for later.