This project is a really simple and affordable project to do. It is easy and you only need a few basic materials. We made these whilst reading ‘The BFG’ by Roald Dahl – see the blog about ‘Reading : inspired crafts’. We made some to hang in doors using a shop- bought kit. Then we were inspired to make our own version for the garden.
How to make.
Enjoyment: We had Lots of fun with these. The boys were very impressed with how they looked.
Time: Approx 45 minutes – 1hrs to produce.
You will need:
- Something to make a ring or a shape of your choice (card, old pipe, willow, stick or wire).
- Choose some Wool, string, ribbon or cotton.
- Additional items to decorate if you wish : Feathers, pipe cleaners and stickers etc.
1. Make a circle or your chosen shape for your dream catcher base.
2. Attach and tie a knot on the shape ring with your chosen Material (wool etc).
3. Rap/ weave any way you choose around your shape/ring.
4. Add extras and decorate – if you wish.
Enjoy – emmas xxx