Dissolving Ink- Can you make permanent ink dissolve?
This project is a really simple chemistry project to do. It is easy and you only need 4 basic materials: An old or new white t-shirt (we used the boys old pe t-shirts that will still fit for this summer) – If you don’t have a t-shirt you can use paper towels instead, some sharpies and water/lemon juice.
Q: Can you make permanent ink dissolve?
A: A solvent can break the bond of permanent ink – making the ink to spread.
How to make.
Enjoyment: We had Lots of fun with these.
Time: Approx 20 minutes plus drying time.
You will need:
- A white t-shirt or kitchen paper.
- Some sharpies.
- A spray bottle with some water and lemon juice mixed together.
- Some card to line the inside of the t-shirt.
- Line the inside of your t-shirt.
- Draw your chosen design on the t-shirt.
- Spray with your spray bottle.
- Watch the colours spread as the spray saturates and dissolves the ink.
- Allow to dry.
- After the shirt is dry, wash it alone the first time so the colours do not mix into your other washing.
Enjoy emmas xxx