Sorry wasn’t sure what to call this one. This is a simple and affordable project to make as it is easy and is pretty much free to make as the basic materials can be found in your home. A good project for younger children. You could use it to talk / teach to them about their bodies and body parts if you wish. Christopher chose to turn himself into a space man and Louie became a superhero.
How to make.
Enjoyment: The boys had Lots of fun drawing, cutting and painting. (Apart from me doing the initial drawing around them. They were left to their own devices on this project).
Time: Approx 1 hr.
You will need:
- A Large sheet of paper (you could use wrapping paper, wall paper sample /off cut, smaller pieces stuck together etc..).
- A pencil.
- Paint, pens, or pencils. (we used paint pens – where you colour then add water with a paintbrush, fairly mess free!)
- Blue tack or masking tape.
- Cut a large piece of paper to fit the length of your child.
- Stick to one of your floors with blue tack or tape.
- Get your child to lie on paper and trace around your child with a pencil.
- Decorate the traced body with paints, pens or pencils (you could stick on extras if you wish like fabric/buttons for clothes).
- Cut around the body.
- Stick on to a wall or door (we stuck ours to the boys bedroom doors).
Enjoy! emmas xxx